Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Travel Tuesday - The Library Hotel

Travel Tuesday has been on vacation for a few weeks, but a hot tip from Ms. Place sent me to The Library Hotel in New York.

The Library Hotel is conveniently located on Madison Avenue and 41st Street, also known as Library Way, just steps away from the majestic New York Public Library, Bryant Park, Pierpont Morgan Library, the exquisitely renovated Grand Central Terminal and all that Midtown Manhattan has to offer.

Designed to feel more like a private club than a hotel, each of the Library's richly appointed accommodations are individually adorned with art and a collection of books that relate to the room's unique theme.







I love the elegant comfort that just leaps off the pages. A readers' paradise!

5 comments:

franki durbin said...

oooh! Lovely! I love the mix of soft and bold seen here. Rich textures, bold weeds, wide open spaces...airy places. Great discovery!

cb said...

i heard about this hotel a year or two ago, and I've been lusting after it since then.....there aren't enough spaces in this world designed for book-nerds.....

too bad I will never have the funds to stay here. but it looks gorgeous - thanks for the photos!

trixie said...

That is my kind of place!! Now if I can just figure out how to travel in that style to which I would like to become accustomed!

Ms. Place said...

Oh, you did us proud, girl! Your post makes this place look even more inviting than the original teensy snippet I found. This hotel is located in one of my favorite sections of NY. Thanks for the shout out, btw.

susan said...

This has been on my list to go to for years! What an enjoyable look at this very elegant, and charming, hotel.

Post a Comment